Rss Feed
  1. Pasta Carbonara

    Sunday, August 26, 2012

    This recipe comes from The Skinnygirl Dish.

    It's a favorite amongst the boys. T calls it Bacon Noodles. I've made this before so the process went exceptionally smoothly with no mess.

    What you need:
    16 oz of any kind of pasta. I use fettuccine.
    3/4 cup of plain unflavored soy milk. Do not use vanilla! Any unflavored milk will do.
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated is not necessary.
    1 teaspoon of garlic salt. Halved
    1 teaspoon of black pepper. Also halved.
    2 tablespoons of butter
    8 slices of turkey bacon. Or any type of bacon. More is always good. No such thing as too much bacon.
    1 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. I use only 1 teaspoon.

    Cook your pasta as directed on the package. Make sure to use the entire package. I'll warn you that makes for a lot of left overs so I hope you like it.

    While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the milk, eggs, Parmesan cheese, half the garlic salt and half the black pepper. Set this aside until the pasta is done.

    While waiting for the pasta to cook I got a lot of, "Is it almost done?" and, "How much longer?" The boys sure were excited to dig in. Once they start to smell the bacon they get very impatient.
    Why does his back look so strange?
    The bacon needs to be cooked until crispy. After cooked it should be chopped into pieces. Big or small. it doesn't matter

    Drain the pasta quickly so that it stays hot. My mom thinks it funny that I stand on my tip toes when draining it cause I'm so short.

    Quickly coat the pasta with the mixture whisked together earlier. The hot pasta will cook the egg so that you don't eat raw eggs.

    Once completely coated add the butter, that I nearly forgot, the rest of the garlic salt and black pepper, red pepper flakes, and of course the bacon. Mix it all together.

    After all that it's ready to eat. My brothers love it. T loves it, that's an accomplishment. My parents don't eat it because they eat like cavemen a paleo diet.
    Wy gives it a thumbs up!




  2. 7 comments:

    1. benbidder said...

      Might make this!! I have two boys that like bacon, one is just ok with pasta. Girly won't eat anything. Jeffy might like it though.. Score! :)

    2. Yum! Love the new blog - cant wait to see what else you make!

    3. kate94651 said...

      Now I'm hungry! Love the blog...and though you don't know me, I love seeing you all "grown up" and taking care of your brothers (been an online friend/stalker (kidding about the stalker bit) of your mom for about 11 years now). <3

    4. Angela King said...

      so glad you started this! love your mom and your family. definitely going to follow you here. this looks delish, and yes, never enough bacon. :)

    5. Marisa said...

      Love me some Carbonara. Never made any with milk, going to try this one and see.
      So cute that you cook for the boys. And I LOL'ed at the part about your parents eating like cavemen. ;)
      Also think it's awesome that you use lots of pics. Going onto my Reader this instant!

    6. Unknown said...

      Hey this looks real good, I might have to be a bit caveman'ish and get some real bacon (turkey cant be bacon.. haha). Have to follow and have Mel make some of these. Good Job, keep em coming

    7. Dolores said...

      Great job! I adore pasta dishes- but this is one of my favorites.

      I love the last pic where they are kinda looking and giving each other thumbs up LOL

    Post a Comment